Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chapter 3, Environmental Racism: Beyond the Distributive Paradigm.

In this chapter, the author brings us closer into the field of environmental racism. To be honest, I must say that I didn't find this chapter really necessary. The chapter is more or less like a long and heavy summary on how environmental hazards runs their distributions, and how environmental racism can occur as a result of this. Although the chapter brings up some interesting issues such as: "Which Came First, the environmental hazard or the racial makeup of the neighborhood?" I feel that most of the issues in this chapter has been explained more than enough in the previous chapters.
I hope this book doesn't continue to tell me how environmental hazards choose to dump toxic waste in colored society's. But instead show me some new approaches or solutions in the chapters to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment